Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-19S5700 no longer saves tuned digital channels

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
PaulG71
Visitor

Bravia KDL-19S5700 no longer saves tuned digital channels

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-19S5700.  It has working fine for 18 months, but I needed to re-tune the digital channels.  After retuning, the TV worked fine.  However, after the TV was put into Standby and then turned back on an hour later, I got the message that no channels were stored.  There is no analogue signal in this area, so I can only test digital channels.  I have tried re-tuning a number of times and if I only put it on standby for 10 minutes, it remembers all the channels, but if I turn it off for an hour or so the channels are all lost.

I have tried resetting the TV to factory default and I have also downloaded the latest firmware and updated the TV, but it still did not fix the problem.

At present I have to retune the digital channels each time I turn the TV on.  Any ideas why the TV has suddenly lost the ability to store channels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your set is probably in need of an update, i have posted the link below, just download it and follow the instructions, you may need a flash drive to put the update on, but its simple enough.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-19S5700

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your set is probably in need of an update, i have posted the link below, just download it and follow the instructions, you may need a flash drive to put the update on, but its simple enough.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-19S5700

nebrown18
Explorer

Or alternatively, next time buy ANYTHING that does not have a SONY logo on it...

I also have a Sony TV with multiple problems similar to these.

profile.country.GB.title
OrangeFalcon40
New

Last Sony I own.

I've never experienced a more problematic and unresponsive tv

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, it would be handy if you posted the model number and the issue that you're experiencing maybe we can help.