Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not recognised

SOLVED
rememberthistim
Visitor

Headphones not recognised

Has anyone had an issue with their phone not recognising when headphones are plugged in? I've found that my sennheiser over ear set aren't recognised, whereas my earbuds and the set in the box are.

Unfortunately my over ear ones are by far my preferred choice. The only noticeable difference is that the input on them is a couple of mm's shorter, but this has never previously caused am issue on other phones.

Hoping that either im missing something obvious or there is an easy fix for this.
Tags (1)
53 REPLIES 53
Norma
Visitor

Same problem ! 

AnaXperia
Visitor

Just bumping this because non app solved it for me and clearing data of smart connect either.

Caine72
Visitor

I have the same issue. Noticed it today as I'm usually outputting sound via Bluetooth. 

I have tried cleaning my jack, but did not solve it. Tried included ear buds,  no dice. Clear data and disabled smart connect. Still nothing. 

Possibly it's something stuck in the jack, on my wife z1c I can see a metal glean from the bottom but not on my z3c. Does anyone have the possibility to upload a picture of a clean jack? 

From what I can tell, if I force headphones out with soundabout I get audio. So it seems like it's a detection issue rather than complete hw malfunction.

Wretchard
Visitor

I thought all the same things as you. But the guy at the Sony shop said he had to change the jack.

I couldn't get a good explanation because I am in Korea and I don't speak Korean.

I'd just take the phone to a service center, get it fixed, and hope that the repair guy does a more solid job installing the jack than the robot at the factory who originally made the phone.

Either way, quite disappointing. But now that I have mine fixed, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it won't happen again.

Jeffie
Visitor

I have found a fix I wanted to share - if the SoundAbout fix works for you. I uninstalled all updates for Smart Connect, then connected my headphones, and played a song and it played through the headphones fine. I then updated Smart Connect to the current version, and my headphones continued to work as they should!

I guess the hard reset does the same thing, but longer and much, much more painfully.

Stamina1
Visitor

first clear catch setting->apps->all->smart connect second download soundabout App try it. after that uninstall the app
MaxReal
Visitor

My xperia z1 compact not supporting any headphone since 25th january.....plzzz give me a solution...
cherub961
Visitor

The problem may be caused by the case. With some cases, you will be unable to stick the headphone plug in all the way. Take the phone out of the case and try to connect the headphones then.

Koitla
Visitor

I just got my phone few hours ago and the headphones don't work. Also tried different headphones but nothing. Is there maybe something I have to do to make my headphones work for the first time or is it just broken?
ZaydHendricks
Visitor

Thanks man! This worked for me. A couple of other posts suggested I would need to take it in to get the jack replaced. Glad this wasn't the case.