Join now - be part of our community!

Any VRR update for KD75ZH8 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Any VRR update for KD75ZH8 tv

Hiya guys just wondering if anyone has any knowledge if the Sony bravia kd75ZH 8K TV will be getting any VRR software update to coincide with the PlayStation 5 getting the VRR software update. As it stands when I try activate it on my tv

It states TV doesn't support VRR which I thought very strange considering the TV is a 8K premium model. I know the ps5 didn't come with VRR and the latest software update installed it and Sony are applying the software update to some of its TV's . I just haven't heard if the ZH8 will be getting the update to. Thanks guys for all your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Josoap :slight_smile:

Lol not as ancient as me 😉

You're welcome 👍

I made some official enquiries for you just in case but unfortunately there aren't any plans for the ZH8

to receive a VRR update.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yes you're right, your model doesn't support VRR.

I can't find your model mentioned in any planned updates either.

If I hear anything I will get back to you.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Which TV models support features that are specified in the HDMI 2.1 standard?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00246472

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks a million jumpsuit. The funny thing it has hdmi 2.1 in the 8k hdmi port . It think Sony forgot they made this model 😅 I only have it since last October so it's not like it's ancient like me. Thanks again pal

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Hiya Marino thanks for your reply. I just seen in the link you sent ,  the TV I have is a 2020 model,  ZH8 , but the funny thing is it has hdmi 2.1 . So a bit gutted a software update won't be coming anytime soon . Thanks again for taking the time to reply cheers pal

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Sorry typo it was October 2020 when I purchased it ,so in TV the terms it probably is ancient like me 😅.

Thanks again pal

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Lol not as ancient as me 😉

You're welcome 👍

I made some official enquiries for you just in case but unfortunately there aren't any plans for the ZH8

to receive a VRR update.

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks again for taking the time to look into it. Just my luck 😭.

Cheers pal

Piscie
Community Team

@Josoap, yes unfortunately this model doesn't support the VRR yet 😞 you can also take a look on this link about the HDMI 2.1 features: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254857

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks for your reply piscine. Yeah it doesn't look like a software update will come. Very disappointed as it has hdmi 2.1 port  and it was a premium TV at just under €7,500  and all these TV's getting the VRR update are only half the price. I'll seriously reconsider buying a premium product from Sony again. But BIG thank you for taking the time to reply cheers pal 👍