Join now - be part of our community!

XZ1 Compact data transfer issues

profile.country.GB.title
Carter
Explorer

XZ1 Compact data transfer issues

Hello....new member here requiring some assistance if possible.

I've owned quite a few Xperia models over the years, predominantly XA1, and have regularly used Xperia Companion to manage my data between phones and back up to my PC.

However, I've just bought an XZ1 Compact and when trying to back up to my PC using Xperia Companion it goes through the usual process but at the end I get the error message that Contacts and Messages have both failed to transfer !

Everything else gets backed up,photos, music etc,but not contacts or messages.

I've tried it a couple of times, and made sure I'm running the latest software, but no joy.

Has anyone got any advice and hopefully a simple solution ?

PS...I don't think it's a problem with the device as I bought the larger XZ model also and get the same issue.

Thankyou.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A simple suggestion? Syncronize the Contacts by Google and, for Messages, use and App for Backup and Restore...
profile.country.GB.title
Carter
Explorer

Hi Marino,

I appreciate your reply but I  can see that your tag is ''Genius'' whereas mine could be ''Technophobe '' 😉

I'm not sure how to do any of those things, and as you can judge from my phone choices, I'm definitely not up to date !

I'll try and work it out.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You already have an Account Google,of you are logged in, so, you can backup you Contacts (is possibile they are already backupped):
https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/9423168?hl=en
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

For SMS's Backup, by Google Play you can choice an App like "SMS Backup & Restore"...
On old device, Install > Configure > Backup, after, in new decices, Install, Configure, Restore...
profile.country.GB.title
Carter
Explorer

Much appreciated Marino....I'll give those a try.

Just for my own interest, is Xperia Companion compatible with the XZ1 models,or is there other Sony transfer software that I should be using ?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It"s that the only for XZ1 Compact, but you can try an App, third parts on Google Play, for Data transfer from a device to another...
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert