Join now - be part of our community!

Will sony xz3 receive android 11?

profile.country.RO.title
Dididragon
Explorer

Will sony xz3 receive android 11?

I know that sony offers at least two major software updates to their flagship devices, so I want to know If xz3 will get its second major update(android 11) because is capable enogh

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I'm sure it's 2 years of service, or thereabouts for Android phones, some get longer, others don't.

But as the 2 years will be over for the XZ3 in what September/October, and 11 will probably be late in the year/next year..possibly not.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Android 11 official unveiling was pushed back, with that said, I don't think that the Xperia XZ3 will receive such update, but its my opinion 

profile.country.RO.title
Dididragon
Explorer

Well, last year, sony xz3 was in open beta android 10 program, along with lg g8 thinq and oneplus 7. I think that if these phones were put together in this program, and both lg and oneplus are eligible to android 11, then so xz3 is. Moreover, oneplus 6 was launched in May 2018 and it also is on the list of eligible devices...if xz3 will not receive android 11, then it will be a real shame...all phones that I had from 2005 to 2020 was made by Sony and my old Sony z2 received android 6.0.1 from 4.4.2 kitkat

profile.country.RU.title
MORSEe
New

Apparently, the owners of the Sony Xperia XZ3 will not receive the update. This is very bad! When buying, this question was clarified and the answer was positive.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

As per what they've released, the Xperia XZ3 is not from the devices that will receive Android 11 unfortunately.

profile.country.GB.title
ROBYER1

It is a shame for us users who prefer the more regular size of the XZ3 screen as opposed to the newer offerings.

I am still hoping for Android 11 support 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Agreed

I have the XZ3 in red and the ULTRA RARE XZ2 premium in the UK, both will only go up to android 11.

Its understandable really, there is only so much that any company can support an EO and those phones came out in 2018 and with it now being 2021 its WELL over the 2 year maximum support.,

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King