Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XZ3 DRM key

profile.country.RU.title
Amir_Ai
Explorer

Sony Xperia XZ3 DRM key

Im sorry, im really dumb(

I experimented with firmware and selected the one that suits me in terms of speed. And I got so carried away that I unlocked the bootloader to install Android 11.
I forgot to do a dump and really regred had it. In the end, I didn't find anything better than the original firmware, but when I returned to it, I noticed that some functions did not work, in particular Google Pay.

Can you tell me please:
What other features stop working after losing DRM?
Is there a way to restore or request them?
Is there any fix that will not completely, but at least somehow replace the DRM keys?
I have another Xperia XZ3 that was bought together. Is it possible to recover DRM keys using it?

Im sorry in advance for my english, and my stupidity(😭

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Can you try to perform software repair by the Xperia companion after that process and check if it will work? 

profile.country.RU.title
Amir_Ai
Explorer

I tried but it didn't help. Says the bootloader is unlocked

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Use flash tool and relock the bootloader using the same code as unlock.

This should enable the required security to enable Google pay etc

profile.country.RU.title
Amir_Ai
Explorer

I tried using the Flashtool by Androxyde program, but when I click on the BLU button, an error appears:

ERROR - Cannot invoke "java.util.Properties.getProperty(String)" because "this.phoneprops" is null

then I went the other way. I downloaded the drivers for Xperia XZ3 and "Adb and Fastboot Tools", connected the phone in flashmode mode, and used the command: fastboot oem lock [code], but it also gives an error:

FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I also tried to use "flashing" in place of "oem", "relock" in place of "lock", with and without code.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Amir_Ai, I've found this about unlocking the bootloader: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/. If it didn't help, try reaching out to the Sony reps, any more digging in different places would just confuse things even more.