Join now - be part of our community!

Fingerprint sensor issue after updating to android 10

Lebowskithedude
Visitor

Fingerprint sensor issue after updating to android 10

Hi, after updated to android 10 the fingerprint sensor works slower and sometimes I need to hold my finger twice or even more times until the sensor recognizes the fingerprint.

48 REPLIES 48
omoeller
Visitor

@Ollimax - like I stated I did countless resets - without success! I am getting frustarted with these useless manouvers like doing resets without any resolution recommended by support staff. It is just costing time without resolving any of the outlined problems. Besides pure HW specs reliability support and service are getting more and more critical. Hope Sony will recognize this soon!

Rudis
Visitor

Hi, after March update fingerprint sensor problem still the same, camera freezing or whole SONY XZ3 simply freeze. No changes at all after android 10 update. 

Ollimax
Visitor

My smartphone works fine. Sony Xperia XZ2 compact. I am not a support worker. I am a normal consumer. Maybe your problem is a guarantee case? Here is another idea; try this:

https://youtu.be/eiHptetWLOU

good luck!

CrimpOn
Visitor

Do you mind sharing (a) which model of XZ2 Compact (H8314 one SIM, or H8324 dual SIM) and (b) which country/carrier?

Thanks

Ollimax
Visitor

My model is Xperia XZ2 Compact (H8324). Release Version 52.1.A.0.618-RCS Customized DE Germany, Carrier Telefónica. My device works well 

Rudis
Visitor

My Sony XZ3 model H9436 Lithuania TELE2. Still works, but not the same as before upgrade to android 10. Fingerprint scanner not responding as before. Camera and phone screen freeze. 

profile.country.GB.title
TurboCinqy
Explorer

Same issues since the android 10 updates but sony lacks on respond.

XZ2 Compact 2019

Slower phone.

More battery drain.

Camera crashes when opening or using (SD card error) and more bad picture (focus issues, slow respond)

Fingerprint worked flawless before . Now when little greasy/damped sensor or finger it doesn't work. Or have to try several times.

Wifi receiving signal is much worse. Fails to connect. switches tot 4G if available. Had reception in garden and kitchen now nothing.

Didn't change anything else.

Tried to contact sony several ways but never got any response.

AS usual. Big companies lacks on customersupport. Only want to sell!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Have you tried to do the steps in this link before after the android 10 update: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00237681

profile.country.GB.title
Badr457
Explorer

aftr the android 10 update the fingerprint sensor and the touch along dynamic vibration sucks badly if your issue was resolved can you help me how you did that?