Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 Turns off when pairing with tv

profile.country.GB.title
cholma
New

WH-1000XM4 Turns off when pairing with tv

Hi. I've had the headphones for a while, along with a Samsung QLED tv. Previously, the headphones paired with the tv okay, although there was a bit of a lip sync issue that would develop. 

For the first time in a while I tried to pair, but at the point the voice should say that pairing has completed I get a rapid reverb noise for a second or so, and the headphones turn off. 

I've tried settings on the Headphones app., deleting the headphones from the tv list and then repairing, etc., but all to no avail. The headphones have the latest firmware, as does the tv.

I can pair a set of Soundcore headphones, and Samsung Galaxy buds with no problem, so it doesn't appear to be the tv. The Sony's pair fine with my iPhone.

Anyone else get this?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @cholma, this is probably because after you are establishing the Bluetooth between the TV and headphones, they disconnect and that's why the headphones then power off. I would advise you to initialize the headset and then try again here. I hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
cholma
New

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it. At the moment, pairing is a bit of a lottery with the tv. I've tried clicking on Pair on the tv before I turn on the headphones, and the other way around. It generally takes between 3-10 attempts before it successfully pairs.