Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000XM3 quick mute

profile.country.GB.title
Uberbres
Explorer

Sony WH-1000XM3 quick mute

I've recently bought the Sony WH-1000XM3 and was expecting there to be a quick mute function on the headphones rather than having to go to the laptop or phone application and mute within that. I'm very disappointed that there isn't!

I have a cheap headset on my office PC that has a physical button on the headset which I regularly use and is very convenient when in conference call and there is noise in the background that otherwise gets picked up by the mic.

Surely this is a function Sony can add into this headset!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

The only mute function I'm aware of over Sony products is on the WH-1000XM4, it doesn't mute the person's voice though, it mutes the music playing while

Speak-to-Chat is activated. I think the mute over calls might be a thing a software update can add. You can use the support page to search for updates and leave feedback guys.

profile.country.GB.title
brunojohnson
Explorer

Since Sony do not seem to care about their customers, who have been requesting a mic mute function now for years, I bought the Bose Quietcomfort 35. This has a mic mute function, by pressing both the up and down volume at the same time.

I'm sorry Sony, but you need to do better a better jop of listening to customers needs.