Join now - be part of our community!

PCV RSM22 Sony Vaio PCI Modem XP Window Driver

madbob
Visitor

PCV RSM22 Sony Vaio PCI Modem XP Window Driver

Please help! I can't find out what modem my new Sony Vaio Machine has, it looks like a V.90 PCI card but I cannot find a driver to use with XP - Any ideas? Also, along the same lines I have a HW found item SM Bus Controller which I do not understand and cannot find a driver for? Machine is PCV-RSM22, but I think it can also be called RSV246 as well? Cheers,Madbob

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Check the last disk of your recovery set, www.vaio-link.com or Windows Update

madbob
Visitor

Thanks for a quick response. The trouble is, my recovery disk is for a German XP version. I had to convert my machine to UK XP spec. When I look at the recovery disk I cannot see any obvious driver files?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Ah, this is a problem, as it's hard to get drivers which will work with a converted machine.

chuckalicious
Visitor

You may have a small problem there. I too had this issue with my PCV-RX405. The modem in this PC was a very small non-PCI card (can't remember the proper name) and there was no manufacturer name on it. Thus, it was very difficult to find drivers for. Maybe someone with an english version could pass you the files from their drivers folder on their C: drive.