Join now - be part of our community!

Jealous / eifersüchtige Software (English + Deutsch)

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Jealous / eifersüchtige Software (English + Deutsch)

Hi there!

English:

My Vaio was sold along with some software for video processing and CD recording. As I wanted to go on using much more powerful programs I had paid big money for before, I installed them, but none of them worked. Obviously the built-in software attracts all tasks to itself and prevents other programs from doing them, e.g. denies access to the CD recorder for them.

Is this problem known, and has it been solved by anybody? How?

Thank you for answers!

Deutsch:

Mein Vaio wurde mit einiger Software zur Videobearbeitung und zum CD-Brennen verkauft. Da ich meine alten, besseren Programme weiter benutzen wollte, die teuer genug waren, habe ich sie installiert, aber keins lief. Offensichtlich zieht die eingebaute Software alles an sich und hindert andere Software daran, diese Aufgaben zu übernehmen, indem sie z.B. den Zugriff auf den CD-Brenner verweigert.

Ist jemand demselben Problem begegnet und konnte es lösen? Wie?

Danke für Antworten!

Arnulf

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Hi Kee-Lo,

I enjoyed X-men 2 but then I'm a sucker for special effects and naked ladies painted blue :laughing:

Matrix reloaded looks good too so I'll be off to see that when the rush dies down. The fight scenes are spectacular.

kee-lo_

Hi Kee-Lo,

I enjoyed X-men 2 but then I'm a sucker for special effects and naked ladies painted blue :laughing:

Matrix reloaded looks good too so I'll be off to see that when the rush dies down. The fight scenes are spectacular.

I had to read that twice - I thought you said "I like naked women", which is a fair comment :laughing:

Yeah X2 looks pretty good.

robpaxton
Explorer

I can't believe Wolverine picked Jean Grey over Mystique. Can you imagine how useful Mystique is going to be when there's trouble in the takeaway on a Saturday night :laughing:

kee-lo_

ROFL

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo!

No problem, hope Nero works for you now.  Otherwise uninstall Easy CD Creator if you have it on there.

How should it? My problem has been thoroughly discussed but not solved. :thinking: Still hard and soft everything is the way it was.

But you gave your best. Thanks once more for it!

Arnulf

robpaxton
Explorer

Are you using Win XP and are you logged on as an administrator?

Make sure that you are the only user logged on to the computer when you try to use the cd burner.

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Are you using Win XP and are you logged on as an administrator?

Make sure that you are the only user logged on to the computer when you try to use the cd burner.

Yes, I am the only existing user - this way being the administrator, too.

robpaxton
Explorer

Double click My computer - right click your CD burner - Left click properties on the popup menu.

Click the recording tab and remove the tick from Enable CD recording on this drive. Click OK.

Retry Nero. When Nero starts click Recorder - Choose Recorder and select your drive.

If your drive is not listed then let us know.

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Hi Rob!

Thanks for your answer!

Double click My computer - right click your CD burner - Left click properties on the popup menu.

Click the recording tab and remove the tick from Enable CD recording on this drive. Click OK.

Retry Nero. When Nero starts click Recorder - Choose Recorder and select your drive.

If your drive is not listed then let us know.

So I did. Something pretty strange happened:

First once again I was only offered the virtual drive, but the menu item "automatically search busses" (or something like that) was accessible, the Toshiba drive was regocnized. But then still only the virtual drive was offered, even after a new boot. Then, even this menu item wasn't accessible, any more.

Meanwhile I tend to giving up - the Vaio way works, although not the comfortable way I'm accustomed to. But I could live with it.

kee-lo_

Hmm that's very strange.
I have a feeling you should try uninstalling it in safe mode, then rebooting in normal mode and redetecting the drive. Otherwise you'd have to go into the registry and "force" it to recognise the drive...