Join now - be part of our community!

Dual Monitors

palmpalm
Visitor

Dual Monitors

I have a RX-671 with AGP nvidia GeForce 2Ti 64mb card for the 15" LCD monitor that came with the PC. I would like to set up the PC for a second LCD monitor (video editing) and would like to know how to do it. Can I leave the AGP card in and buy a PCI graphics card (which one?) and connect the second monitor to the new PCI card? Or do I have to replace the AGP card with another AGP card that has 2 monitor outputs and if so what one would work?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Check if the GFX card you have has dual monitor support - if it doesn't, I'd go for a new card.

palmpalm
Visitor

The RX671 card has one connection for the LCD that came with the PC.

kee-lo_

You'll need a graphics card that supoorts dual monitors.

VAIOneer
Visitor

You can use a seperate PCI card, but it is a bit more of a hassle.

palmpalm
Visitor

Are you saying that I would leave the factory installed AGP card in with the first monitor conected to it and then buy a second card (PCI) and connect the second monitor to it? Will the system recognize that and do I have to do anything special to set up the split screen. I would like to do video editing with software that supports dual screens. Thanks for your help.

kee-lo_

Yes, thats what Jaan is saying, but as stated, its difficult. I would get a card that can handle the 2 monitors, and get something with a lot of ram on it, > 32MB should be prefect for the application you want.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Also depends on your budget :tongue:

kee-lo_

Yes, its not cheap, 2nd monitor + a dual card can be expensive.