Join now - be part of our community!

!!! CPU temperature to high!

r.piras
Visitor

!!! CPU temperature to high!

hi there,.. me once again!

if you have read my preceding postings, you should know that i have few problems with my vaio rx402!

here another:
i have read that the critical temperature auf the athlon xp 2200+ (thoroughbred) is 85° celsius! a value above this core temperature could be the dead of the cpu! this is fact and you can read it everywhere on the internet!

my bios, sisoft sandra and motherboard monitor certify a core temperature from 83.5-84°!!!
read of from the right diode (not from the base feeler)!

surely caused in the architecture of the vaio desktops. the cpu-fan is right above the power unit,.. only ca. 1cm separates this both!

in my eyes this is not acceptable! what when the warranty is los after a year? who paid for the damages & a new cpu?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would invest in a new fan if I was you, try to get it down to 50.

Then again, this might not work. I'm not sure Sony do support the CPU > 1yr.

r.piras
Visitor

hi Kee-Lo

i think the acquisition of a new fan is necessary!
i have switched off my system for a half hour. only 5 min. after restart he reaches the temperature of 83.5° Celsius (182.5 Fahrenheit)!

there is an avc-fan,.. i didnt think he is sufficient enough for an 2200+
by the way: the computer isn't modified in his specs! i mean i did not change the clockspeed or other techniques.
he is free from dust and the fan always run on a minimum of 2550 rpm!
maybe they have forgotten to put on some thermal compound?!

the bad is, the place to fit in a newer and bigger fan is too small!

thank you anyway for you constant help :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

How old is the desktop? Is it brand new? Talk to Sony about getting it looked at, that sort of tempreture to the CPU can't be good - specially in the long run. Must be impossible to keep it stable too.