Join now - be part of our community!

capturing video from a VCR

efiste2
Visitor

capturing video from a VCR

:thinking: i would like to capture video on from a VDC and put it on a DVD .....Can i do it on my standard PCV-RX514 vaio desktop , it has a vhs-s connection on the back but cant find an audio input/output anybody any help!!!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I'm pretty sure your model doesn't include a video capture card - the s-video socket is output only.

chuckalicious
Visitor

You would need to buy a video capture card. I would suggest the Hauppauge WinTV GO! card (about £40 from Maplins) which can tune TV and take inputs from any video device. I use a program called Show Shifter (www.showshifter.com) to view TV, pause live TV, record etc. All very nice indeed.

kee-lo_

:thinking: i would like to capture video on from a VDC and put it on a DVD .....

Erm, VCD ? If you mean that the all you need to do is use a conversion program to make it DVD compliant.

chuckalicious
Visitor

Misread the post. When you read VCR in the subject line you assume VHS. Silly me.
You would only need an app to convert, as Kee Lo said

kee-lo_

It's rather confusing isn't it :smileyconfused::

efiste2
Visitor

:smileyblush: sorry guys i meant vcr!!!!!!! is it the case that the better the capture card the better the quality of the end product , i had a £40 card in my last pc and the results wernt that good BUT it was a pc with only a 600mhz processor do you think that the sony will do a better job with the same card?????

robpaxton
Explorer

The card will probably give the same results as your old PC. It is true that a better capture card will give better results.

kee-lo_

Get a card that can handle MPEG2 and you won't be disapointed (though they can cost more)