Join now - be part of our community!

bios upgrade for PCV-RX202

chris_bs
Visitor

bios upgrade for PCV-RX202

Hello,

I want to run a 160GB Harddisk in my PCV-RX202. To do so I need a bios upgrade, so that it detects the harddisk. Where can I find bios upgrades fpr my machine?

Thanks and regards,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

chris_bs
Visitor

http://www.vaio-link.com

Thank you, but could you please go into detail... Of course I have visited this site, but didn't find any bios upgrade for my machine there...

Any other solution?

Regards,

Chris

kee-lo_

Have you gone to VAIO-User and entered your serial #?
Once you have, go to downloads and go to your OS. You should see the BIOS at the bottom of the list

chris_bs
Visitor

Have you gone to VAIO-User and entered your serial #?
Once you have, go to downloads and go to your OS. You should see the BIOS at the bottom of the list

Yes, I entered my serial no and
No, there is no BIOS at the bottom...

What can I do?

Best regards,

Chris

kee-lo_

Well, not very much. If you know the US equivilent (which I don't, sorry) you could search US support for the BIOS in question.

chuckalicious
Visitor

I was looking for a BIOS update too, but for other reasons. If Sony don't have it, you can't get it. The motherboards are bespoke and so the makers don't support them, which is very annoying.

kee-lo_

I was looking for a BIOS update too, but for other reasons. If Sony don't have it, you can't get it. The motherboards are bespoke and so the makers don't support them, which is very annoying.

Yep, you're right there. I'm hoping the US site has the BIOS. Otherwise, you can't add that large hard disk :slight_frown: