Join now - be part of our community!

Animated placeholder box/

RobertStalker
Visitor

Animated placeholder box/

PCC-RX403N Windows XP Home Edition MS-IE6.

Anyone experienced not able to sight animated placeholder boxes whilest viewing Web pages - only a white screen with a box displaying a small square/dot/triangle.
If I use the Opera browser instead of IE6, this error is not apparent. IE6 and WindowsXP have both been reinstalled seperately.

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Snipes.

Sony don't have a problem with JAVA, it's Microsoft that do.

That link is http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

RobertStalker
Visitor

Microsoft version never worked satisfactory and according to MS are to keep Java for Web designers until late 2004.
I downloaded Sun Microsystems Java latest version sometime ago and installed same to my system directory - no errors reported on my computer.
To a certain degree between Microsoft Windows XP and Sony configuration, my computer is a nightmare to configure with the possibility of causing a complete shutdown. Any help from either named is none existent, especially with Sony - after a year is up, a call costs £25 just to say hello.

kee-lo_

Yeah I know, it's a disgrace, £25 to ask a freaking question is crazy.
But luckily you have Club VAIO to ask :slight_smile:

As for MS Java, glad it's over, I prefer Sun's incarnation.

Snipes
Visitor

Sorry, ment to say MICROSOFT not sony, hehe, my mistake, [:">] :laughing:

kee-lo_

I was going to ask you what gave you the idea.

Snipes
Visitor

Posted the messsage last nigh when i'de just come in from the pub :laughing:

Was'nt thinking straight, SONY must be going to my head :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Hehehe understandable.

RobertStalker
Visitor

I have come to the conclusion after receiving replies from this forum and other forums spread over the Web, that - no one else experience blank placeholder applets, where displayed should be animation or text. The reason could be that I have deleted a vital file within IE6 or Windows XP - as they say "if aint broke leave well alone.
My sincere thanks to all who tried to help me in this instance.