Using a portable HDD to record from 1 Bravia to watch on different Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dadrape37
New

Using a portable HDD to record from 1 Bravia to watch on different Bravia

Hi all,

Newbie here....

I have an KDL-37EX723 and would like to record from this to a portable HDD and then playback on my KDL-46HX705 which is located at a different address.

Is this possible and feasible ?

So far from my limited Googling I tend to think that it is a problem as the portable HDD will only be recognised by one set. I hope this is wrong.

If it is possible then which portable HDD are compatible ?...again I have seen some disscusions about Western Digital and Buffalo mini-stations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the use of specific types of HDD's is still a bit of a mixed bag as Sony have not given any hard and fast guidelines on it, despite Sony having recommened the Western Digital My Book Essentials, but as a general rule any powered drive works best,  though many have succeeded with un powered ones.

the point you raised about transferring to another tv, i believe you almost answered that yourself, once the drive is plugged in to your set it " registers " to that set and wont work on any other tv, however i have not heard of whether it would on another Bravia, and as unlikely as it seems you have nothing to lose by trying.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the use of specific types of HDD's is still a bit of a mixed bag as Sony have not given any hard and fast guidelines on it, despite Sony having recommened the Western Digital My Book Essentials, but as a general rule any powered drive works best,  though many have succeeded with un powered ones.

the point you raised about transferring to another tv, i believe you almost answered that yourself, once the drive is plugged in to your set it " registers " to that set and wont work on any other tv, however i have not heard of whether it would on another Bravia, and as unlikely as it seems you have nothing to lose by trying.