Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
tommikrhnn
Explorer

My tv updated itself automatically in the afternoon.

profile.country.DK.title
diheor

Update shows in Setting-Product Support-Software Update
pjyorks
Explorer

My tv also showed a software update but even after applying the same problem is there - apps not showing and error message saying 'applications unavailable due to server error.  so definatley not yet fixed!!

Concerned that even with this thread running fir over a week when anyone is calling Sony to report they are still saying they are not aware of an issue. 

Sony - can someone post a message saying what is going on and what you are doing to update us all. Agree customer service is poor on this error. 

deaves1

I wonder how many tv have been taken back as they are not aware of this forum?
profile.country.DK.title
diheor

Oh my dear. Back to "normal" again. Apps are gone.. Seems the update did not solve the problem!
deaves1

Just downloaded pkg3.710eua. No difference, still no change
deaves1

kmholden
Explorer

I am on the current software but apps are still gone from the menu,they worked for a few hrs this morning now just disappeared.
Andrew_Fenton
Explorer

I've also updated to the latest software firmware (PKG3.710EUA) and the problem persists.  The issue with the applications/services not working is intermittent and appears to be more apparent during times of peak demand.

Emily_F
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry it's been a while since my last message. We have been collating all the details from this thread (and threads in other countries) and passing the information on to Sony for their consideration.

At the moment Sony are unable to find a root cause for the issue that is causing apps to disappear or fail to function. As some of you have experienced, it can sometimes be fixed with absolutely no warning or any action on your part, making it difficult for Sony to find the cause or to find a solution. They have ruled out a number of possibilities and they are continuing to search for a fix. I can tell you that this is being taken very seriously.

We are continuing to pass on information to Sony, so please do keep posting information here, especially if you believe you have discovered a solution! I will update you as soon as I have any more information.

Emily