Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia NX72 & Virgin Media 3D not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Balavs
Visitor

Sony Bravia NX72 & Virgin Media 3D not working

Hi I got a problem with my NX72 -  Iam trying to veiw virgin media  3D content which appears as two parallel pics - so i tried

3D menu - 3d display -  but no options for side by side only options are off or simulated 3D.

I have called sony tech support 4 times including a US team for hours and hours.They all have tried changing every 3D settings they thought ,finally they got confused and  just told to reset the tv to factory settings which I tried  -  But in vain.

I have called virgin media team 4 times as both have been blaming each other.But as I am getting a crystal clear parallel pictures and sound - I really dont think it is a problem with my source Virgin TIVO box and I even tried by reseting my Tivo box - But in vain

I thought it might be the hdmi cable so i bought a brand new 3D Hdmi cable and tried - But in vain

I was happy to see a Sky tech advice Ext.Inputs - hdmi setup - Device control keys to Normal and tried - But in Vain.

I have no idea what to do next - can somebody help me please..

Message was edited by: Balavs

Message was edited by: Balavs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Balavs
Visitor

EUREKA EUREKA EUREKA - I fixed it at last. Fortunately it was not the tv - at last after 2 weeks of stressfull arguements with both Sony tech team and virgin media - I found from online threads - resolution settings -may have an effect on 3d signals - so I changed the resolution  in the tivo box to 1080i - it worked and my tv now recognises the 3d signals and gives option for side by side.

Anybody having the same problem with tivo or sky box please try this,

HOME -  HELP AND SETTINGS - SETTINGS - VIDEOOUTPUT - CHANGE IT TO 1080i .

Now try to play a 3d content from tivo box and go to tv 3d display - it will give side by side option - click on it and enjoy a 3d world.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Balavs
Visitor

EUREKA EUREKA EUREKA - I fixed it at last. Fortunately it was not the tv - at last after 2 weeks of stressfull arguements with both Sony tech team and virgin media - I found from online threads - resolution settings -may have an effect on 3d signals - so I changed the resolution  in the tivo box to 1080i - it worked and my tv now recognises the 3d signals and gives option for side by side.

Anybody having the same problem with tivo or sky box please try this,

HOME -  HELP AND SETTINGS - SETTINGS - VIDEOOUTPUT - CHANGE IT TO 1080i .

Now try to play a 3d content from tivo box and go to tv 3d display - it will give side by side option - click on it and enjoy a 3d world.