Join now - be part of our community!

No sound in KDLHX823 and KDLNX723

profile.country.en_GB.title
rambabu
New

No sound in KDLHX823 and KDLNX723

Hi,

I have taken a Tele KDL46HX823 to India , when we connect to cable TV (Like SKY here) we don't get any sound but when we see internet content or connect to DVD/Blue ray player it works fine,

I called local sony tech support and they visited but could not fix but just advised to get a Digital box then we would get sound,So Just I wonder there are any restrictions on sound ?

Same thing happened to one of my frinds as well ,he took kdl40nx723 ,

I appreciate if some one can advise about it..?

Best Regards,

Ram

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
DeViL303
Visitor

Well I cant be sure of your exact cable setup (hdmi/scart optical etc??) but normally these boxes have a old style standard phono output for sound that outputs the same signal as is passed over hdmi (except downscaled to 2ch) so maybe you could setup one of your hdmi ports to use the sound from a headphone style connector (called "PC Audio" in the sound setup menu on the HX823) .

also if there is no phono connector on your cable box then maybe you can use a scart to yellow/red/white adaptor to get sound out of your box, ignore the yellow if your using hdmi/dvi for video and just use the red and white connectors, this works on old sky boxes on one of the scarts only.

This is not ideal way to do sound but it might allow you to get sound going for now without spending any money. :slight_smile: