Join now - be part of our community!

Lazy manual reader wants help to connect KDL40S2010 to a WIFI, any takers?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
jeremyd5555
Visitor

Lazy manual reader wants help to connect KDL40S2010 to a WIFI, any takers?

We have a Bravia KDL40S2010 and a wireless internet router, weI can either connect via the wifi or make a physical cable connection between the TV and the wifi box, one or the other would work for us, although the wifi connection has obvious benefits. Don't see a RJ45 connection on the TV so not quite sure what cable we need to physically connect as all the 4 output lines on the wifi box take an RJ45.

Any help would be greater appreciated as our many, many sat channels give us many, many repeats and general rubbish.....need to escape onto the internet !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, don't think this TV has any form of network capability so it would be a moot exercise. If you aren't looking to replace your tv, best way to add them is to pick up any current Sony Blu-ray player or the SMP-N200 netbox, all of which have services like iplayer etc onboard.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, don't think this TV has any form of network capability so it would be a moot exercise. If you aren't looking to replace your tv, best way to add them is to pick up any current Sony Blu-ray player or the SMP-N200 netbox, all of which have services like iplayer etc onboard.

Hope this helps

jeremyd5555
Visitor

OK, thanks for that, we do have a BDP-S370 Blu-ray player, which, now that I take a closer look, does have a LAN(100) connection in the back of it.......this player we bought second hand, without a manual. Can I assume that that is the connection point we need?

thanks again

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup - that will be perfect - can either get the Sony wi-fi dongle or just connect via some Lan cable or Homeplugs etc.

This should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-xnWGTWXE&feature=plcp&context=C383a6b4UDOEgsToPDskKakWjFmHKugRLbvk...

jeremyd5555
Visitor

Brilliant :smileylaugh:, thanks for the help. Physically linked the Blu-ray to the router and am now enjoying a bit of YouTube Top Gear clips. Spoke to a friend, who suggests that to get all my favourite BBC free view stuff etc. I should subscribe to a VPN, can this be loaded into the Blu-Ray do you know?

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Catmambo
Contributor

This device already has iPlayer onboard.. Just update the firmware on it and it should appear.. Assume you are in the UK right?

jeremyd5555
Visitor

No, we are in Sweden actually, just that sony.se help was not in the least bit helpful !!

Batfinkk

Probably ways to do it on a PC, but via a Blu ray player might be far harder.

jeremyd5555
Visitor

Yes Batfinkk, you are right, easy enough to drop one on a PC, just didn't want to tie one up solely to run a VPN to stream TV stuff. My pal has bought a subscription to an American supplied VPN which he has managed to drop onto his SAMSUNG blu-ray box. Was just hoping for confirmation tat it is possible to do the same with the SONY blu-ray that we have...

Batfinkk

May well be possible, not sure the Sony guys would be able to coment on something that circumvents the geo-filtering, but maybe take the Blu-ray player round to your mates and try it out on his before spending money youself? Some VPN providers I think offer a free trial also..