Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46EX723 Latest Update solves crosstalk problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonbrisc1
Explorer

KDL46EX723 Latest Update solves crosstalk problem?

A few days ago I was offered an update for my KDL46EX723 Bravia Television. I accepted the update and now my software version shows PKG4.005EUA-0104.

I can see no informationj about this update on the Sony Download site, it still shows the previous version, but I am delighted to find that all crosstalk has disappeared  from 3D viewing. I can honestly say say that 3D is amazing. I was hoping that Sony would confirm that they had improved the crosstalk problem, but they haven't mentioned anything about the update. Has anyone else had the update and found the crosstalk problem solved?

Message was edited by: tonbrisc1

Message was edited by: tonbrisc1

7 REPLIES 7
SMFire
Visitor

I had  a similar prompt to update on my HX723 which I accepted about 3 days back. Again, there's been no information forthcoming about what it fixes. I'll need to try out some 3D stuff to see if anything's been improved. TBH, I was quite happy with the way 3D blu-rays performed but the only big issue for me was really bad crosstalk and lower resolution in Uncharted 3. The game looks mind blowing in 2D, but 3D quality leaves a lot to be desired.

tonbrisc1
Explorer

Update now available on the Sony Update site.

buseng
New

Just says improvement in transition from 1080i to 1080p. Not sure if that is the full changelog or not?

I have a KDL-32EX723 recently bought. 

I haven't tried the 3D yet as I do not have any glasses.

Message was edited by: buseng

Message was edited by: buseng

tonbrisc1
Explorer

I am surprised that no mention is made to the improvement of 3D Viewing in the changelog.

Before the update I was disappointed with the quality of the 3D, I had got crosstalk, ghosting, and blurring on all 3D content. Now, after the update, I cannot fault the quality, it is pinsharp, perfectly clear, and also I find that it is less tiring, ie I get no headache after watching a full film. Very satisfied with my Sony now.

buseng
New

These are the actual words,

"This software includes the improvement for TV performance during 1080i / 1080p transitions."

Note the word "includes", does this mean there are other things included?

profile.country.es_ES.title
rerazol
Visitor

Hello, i am from Peru and i notice that this update is too for the kdl-40ex725, but in my region the last firmware detected is PKG4.005BRB and these dont solve the problem for crosstalk like you, is posible that i install this update on my tv without no problem??...i hope so!!

Best regards.

buseng
New

Dragging this back up, I have a KDL-32ex723 with the latest firmware (05?). I have only recently bought some 3D glasses & I find that there is still severe crosstalk in 3D mode, particulary at the top of the picture. Apart from that parts of the 3D picture at the bottom aren't too bad, but still not really usable. I wish it could be sorted, I see the replacement set, KDL-32hx753, has a "faster screen" or something.