Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46EX503 and Sonicstage application?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mikden
Visitor

KDL46EX503 and Sonicstage application?

Just got the TV.   Have been using Sony Sonicstage software to play my music files for sometime.  Is there some way that I can play music thru' the TV using a flash memory stick or similar with the sonicstage and music on it?

2 REPLIES 2
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi Mikden

Not tried a memory stick yet. But I can play MP3s through my TV via my PC.

Connect your BB router to the TV.

Install Mezzmo on your PC. There is a free 15 day trial period or something like that to see if the software actually works.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp

If you music is in  ATRAC format you may need to convert to MP3 in Sonicstage before you install Mezzmo as it searches all media files on installation. I don't think ATRAC is recognised. The above link tells you all the formats it can use.

Then you can play the music from the XMB and will show the album cover too if available while playing..

Let me know how you get on.

Good Luck

Mikden
Visitor

Slowtrain,

Thanks for response.  At the moment I do not have connectivity between TV and computer/router. All music is in MP3 format on 8Mb memory stick. I can play the music from the stick, but have no way of starting a new folder of music once the previous folder has finished. Shuffle mode only works within folders, ie you can't shuffle between folders.  Perhaps I should just wait until I get a USB wifi dongle and do what you suggested!

Regards Mikden.