Join now - be part of our community!

dlna audio file options

profile.country.en_GB.title
kehammo82

dlna audio file options

Any ideas why when playing audio on my KDL-40EX703 from my Buffalo Linkstation and iPhone I get artist unknow, but whe I play from Windows Media Playe it's displayed correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
nikkilim
Visitor

I think it's with the file format. The file was formatted to read all the info for WMP.

For iphone, try changing the file format to MP4. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

kehammo82

Thanks, I'll give that a try, however, the files on the linkstation are MPEG Layer 3 Audio already.

Kind Regards Ken

Farley1975
Visitor

Your Sony TV is probably not reading the artist, album, etc. ID3 tags from the MP3 file but relying on this metadata being delivered via DLNA.  WMP delivers this DLNA metadata, but your Buffalo LinkStation probably is not.  Streaming DLNA directly from NAS drives is very limited and these are the sorts of problems you will always get.  I suggest installing a decent software media server on your PC that reads from your NAS drive and streams them to your TV.

kehammo82

David, Sorry should have been more explicit, the Bravia reads everything album etc except the the artist. It's only the artist that seems to be a problem.

Farley1975
Visitor

As a test, perhaps install a DLNA server on your PC (I use Mezzmo) and add some of your music files to it.  Then stream some music to your Bravia and see if your Bravia displays artist info.  If it does, then you will know that your Bravia is OK and your Linkstation NAS is the cause.

kehammo82

First of all thanks for your time on this. I'm fairly sure that the Bravia is OK as if I stream from my Sony Laptop (using Windows Media Player) to the TV all the file details are shown, BUT the same files streamed from BOTH my iphone and the Linkstation display everything EXCEPT the artist.