Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-37EX524 - Can't update firmware

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TogaMax
Visitor

Bravia KDL-37EX524 - Can't update firmware

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help with this, but any suggestions much appreciated....

A couple of months ago I bought a Bravia KDL-37EX524.

Now every time I switch it on I get the message "Updated firmware has been released! Enter - go update, return - cancel"

So far so good, but if I press enter (the '+' in the middle of the remote), or return, nothing happens - I just have to sit and wait until the message clears. Not the end of the world, but still slightly annoying!

If anyone knows how to either perform the update or stop it from checking for updates, I'd love to know.

PS. I did sucessfully do one update just after I installed the TV and it seemed to work fine.

Cheers,

TogaMax.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
honestaitch
Visitor

On the Settings/Home Menu there should be an option called "Product Support". This should have two options "Automatic Software Update" and "Software Update".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
magpiemale1970
New

you should be able to go to home button (I do not know your t.v mode) if it has a home button on the remote,go to settings and you should be able to update manual or auto untick auto.

TogaMax
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I've had a really good look through the menu options and can't find an option to select manual or auto updates.....I have got a home button on the remote BTW.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

honestaitch
Visitor

On the Settings/Home Menu there should be an option called "Product Support". This should have two options "Automatic Software Update" and "Software Update".

TogaMax
Visitor

That's great - problem sorted! Thanks for your help.