Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-24EX320 won't connect to internet / WiFi

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ArcadiumUK
Visitor

Bravia KDL-24EX320 won't connect to internet / WiFi

Hi, I've had this problem for a few months and am finally getting my finger out and trying to sort it. Unfortunately as Sony's support lines only open when I'm at work, it's not easy. So I thought I'd start here.

So, I got this TV in spring last year and the internet, via wi-fi, was fine. I got a new PC towards the end of last year, with Windows7 and ever since then I can't connect my Bravia to my wi-fi. The router hasn't changed (Belkin N1) and no other devices have been affected. My PS3 never lost connection, nor did my phone. I've since set up a Kindle and a PS Vita to same WiFi with no problems whatsoever.

I've tried a complete re-set on the TV (following the online support guide) and started a fresh and still had no joy.

Is there a secret to getting it to work with Windows7, if that is the cause? Would downloading & installing the latest firmware from this website help? Obviously without an internet connect, the TV isn't downloading the firmware itself.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richardlower
Visitor

I have been 12 months with the same problem, but now I have the answer.

It's Belkin that is causing the problem. I have spent hours and hours on this.

I have just changed on to Netgear and problem solved within a few minutes. Wish I had known twelve months ago.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Ok, yes definitely first try updating the firmware using a USB stick ( normally yes you can do it over the network! ). Just check the support pages for your TV and follow the instructions - there is also a video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62nkI6lzvo&feature=plcp&context=C3086991UDOEgsToPDskI5Qt7XxMFrqpZm6c... which should help

Once you have done this - do a factory reset on the TV and then go through the network setup process. and hopefully you should be able to connect. When you type in your WPA key, just make sure you enter the password correctly as its case sensitive.

Hope this helps

ArcadiumUK
Visitor

Ok, updated the firmware. Still won't connect. It says internet found on TV but local access and internet connection are failed.

It detects my router and shows a strong signal.

Any other ideas?

Message was edited by: ArcadiumUK

Message was edited by: ArcadiumUK

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried connecting via Ethernet or maybe turning the WEP/WPA key temporarily off to see if that works. Maybe there is a firmware update for the Router and could always try rebooting that also?

richardlower
Visitor

I have been 12 months with the same problem, but now I have the answer.

It's Belkin that is causing the problem. I have spent hours and hours on this.

I have just changed on to Netgear and problem solved within a few minutes. Wish I had known twelve months ago.

ArcadiumUK
Visitor

That's the thing, as I said before, everything was working fine up to a certain point. It can't be the router as that works perfectly with everything else, including the TV originally.

I haven't tried connecting it wired because the internet is downstairs and the TV is upstairs.