Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP screen won't turn on/sudden death

SOLVED
Nijuuni
Visitor

Xperia SP screen won't turn on/sudden death

Hello, Earlier today, as I went to unlock my Xperia SP, I realised that the screen would not turn on, no matter how many times I pressed the unlock button. I also tried plugging it in to charge to see if the screen would light up then, but the neither the screen or the LED light turned on. It's seems like it's completely dead! I don't really know how to tell if the phone itself is still on, however. It was at about 50% battery. I've had this phone for a little over a year now.

Could you help me resolve this problem? This phone is really important to me!

Thanks! Slightly_smiling_Face

19 REPLIES 19
cedz
Visitor

I am experiencing same problem right now.. my phone's dead for about 8 hours already but the battery was 80% loaded. It hung so I locked it, and when I decided to unlock, the screen is completely blank but the LED keeps on blinking everytime I press the power button. I tried everything listed here. But nothing happened Slightly_frowning_Face please help me. 

Ellesmere1
Visitor

Hi guys , after my phone crashing several times this morning its finally switched off with around 50% power, ive tried + switch and the onoff button, tried pressing off inside the back of the phone and still no joy, anything else to try? The phone is just coming up to its 2 year contract and has been an awful phone but its never been dropped, knocked or damaged, software seems to be crap and constant msg of transfer memory even though theres plenty on it and then it only lets you transfer photos vids files?

arunace
Visitor

The 5 sec pushing down the "off" button while connected really worked for me in the end. It vibrated 3 times after I kept the off button pushed down for 5 secs with the back of a paper pin. 

Nothing else worked until then. Thank you so much.

kavinda1995
Visitor

Thank you everybody. Mine was resolved by pressing the off button in back :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Spoiler

Rahul200197
Visitor

remove cover -> press off button with a pin until 3 vibreations felt -> try to start again

Taliuzz
Visitor

I have the same problem. My Xperia SP won't turn on/sudden death. I already tried alot of suggestions but nothing worked. The only 2 suggestions seemed to react. When I press Volume Down+Power button, vibrates and a green led light up, like a flash. When is plugged in, green led just keep it light up. Nothing more happened. The second one is when I press the button OFF+Power button, vibrates 3 times. When is plugged in, keeps vibrating 3 times. Still, nothing more happened after it...
What can I do?

beckster18
Visitor

thanks

lordonkar
Visitor

I have pressed volume up+power button, and also pressed off button on back side but nothing happened. after pressing buttons my mobile doesn't vibrates.Please help me. 

Julie24
Visitor

Hi,

I also have the black screen with white line it is a sealed unit so I cannot take the back off to reset. Do not know what to do have pushed the Volume Button and on button to get back to the black screen with a white line. Sony XA

Salimboukaram
Visitor

hi i flash my xperia wrong and it never turn on and never charging when i conected to wall charger no red led light and when  i press the power button it flash one time a red light any help how to flash it again

thank you.