Join now - be part of our community!

OTG cable

SOLVED
the_breed
Visitor

OTG cable

Hey guys I am using Micromax's OTG cable with my Xperia M, is there going to be any problem in the future?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zenvenky
Visitor

@ the_breed, thanks for your post. This confirms that I can use OTG with my XMD and I'm sure there won't be any issues using OTG.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Problems such as?

Basant
Visitor

does micromax have an OTG cable at all???? i guess you r referring to the charger/usb cable. Should do no harm at all i guess.

3t
Visitor

If it is high voltage consuming then it will charge your phone fast and you dnt have to worry it will not harm i guess.

the_breed
Visitor

@uliwooly problems like any clash with the software??
@basant actually i got it from micromax's funbook.
Zenvenky
Visitor

@ the_breed, thanks for your post. This confirms that I can use OTG with my XMD and I'm sure there won't be any issues using OTG.

the_breed
Visitor

@zenvenky, (sigh of relief) thanks mate for your reply.
Basant
Visitor

@the breed..the cable supplied with the M is used for both charging and usb connectivity to PC. Some cables available from other sources sometimes are similar and sometimes support only one of the two utilities. As far as the charger unit goes standard across manufacturers is normally 5V to 5.2 volt output which should be fine with the M. The mAh output varies from 500mAh to 1000 mAh. The higher this fugre the faster your phone battery will be charged. The Sony M charger supplied alongwith the phone is 850mAh and takes about 2 1/2 hours for a full charge from zero. Over 1000mAh output chargers, I would be a little apprehensive of using.

OTG cables all do not work with the M just as all headsets dont. Best to try it out and if it works then there should be no issue for further worry.