Join now - be part of our community!

Facing problem in using download from the web feature of Play Store

SOLVED
coolhz
Visitor

Facing problem in using download from the web feature of Play Store

My device is Sony Xperia L (C2104). I am currently facing a problem in using download from the web feature of Google Play. It allows you to visit play store's website and downloading apps(through PC) to your Google account and when your device connects to Internet it gets a signal from Play Store and app you selected gets automatically downloaded. Its a useful feature when you are browsing on PC and your device is not with you.

I did a bit of a research in Google Play's Support and I found that except Sony Xperia L every old and new device was in their supported devices list. After contacting Google's Customer Care they advised me too contact the manufacturer.

I suggest Sony looks into this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
coolhz
Visitor

Thank You for your concern but I noticed that after update to build number 15.0.A.2.17 the problem is now resolved. Again thank you.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you should be able to see your phone, but it will only happen when you have downloaded apps from the play store (on your Xperia),  unless your phone is from a country that doesn't support this and other google apps.

coolhz
Visitor

I live in India and play store is fully supported in India. I am already using it to download several apps.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

and you still can't see your device on the playstore (on your pc)

coolhz
Visitor

Yes I cannot.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

does this happen with all apps or certain apps?

coolhz
Visitor

All apps actually I can download every app through the device.  And now the device is not visible in my devices in Google account.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I don't think this is a phone issue but a google issue, the only few times that I haven't seen my phones is when the app is not available either for my phone or a regional issue.

coolhz
Visitor

Its certainly not Google issue I contacted their support.  The device actually does not exist in supported device list.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that doesn't make sense at all, if that was true then you wouldn't be able to download apps from the playstore, and your phone wouldn't have google apps.