Join now - be part of our community!

System conflict!

profile.country.GB.title
Steven703119
Explorer

System conflict!

Hi I'm new here so be patient with me!

I have a KDL-42W705B Television with a SVR-HDT1000 DVR and a BDP-S185 Blu-Ray player. Attached to this system is also an Apple TV (Model A1427) So far everything is fine. 

Then I bought myself an HT-XT3 Sound Base. That's when the fun started! The sound base would work intermittently. Sometimes dropping out and in and other times not working at all. I have now removed the DVR and all appears to be working normally. Any ideas on how to make everything work in harmony or has anyone else had similar problems?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had similar experiences with my HDT-500 connected to my Sony AV Reciever.  Unfortunately with all my tinkering, i have not managed to resolve it.

When I have my HDT-500 connect, on many occasions at first switching on the TV and systems, i get absolutely no sound.  I have to switch everything off and then on again, and then all will work.  Removing the DVR, i have no problems.

The problem appears to be a HDMI handshake connection issue.  I cannot remember if this works, as it has been a long time since i tested it (i rarely use the DVR anymore, as i dont have it perminently connected), but try switching OFF, the 'Control for HDMI' in the settings of the DVR.  You will loose the ability in using a single remote though, so you will neef to use the remote control that came with it.

Other than that, ive not found a proper solution im afraid.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Steven703119
Explorer

Thank you so much for your reply! Very reassuring to know that you have had a similar problem. I'll try your suggestion later if I reconnect my DVR.