Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1050 and HT-CT60BT same remote commands

2000ad
Explorer

STR-DN1050 and HT-CT60BT same remote commands

Hi all,

I have a STR-DN1050 AV Reciever and a HT-CT60BT soundbar in my front room and they seem to operate using the same remote control frequency, this is very annoying as I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control all of my equipment and this turns both Sony devices on/off when I only need to use one - as in my TV sounds plays through my soundbar and everything else (Bluray, KODI, SKY) etc play through the AV Receiver.

Is there a way of changing the remote frequency or anything please?

Quite surprised if I am the first person to see this issue, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Happy to try some suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I maybe sounding dumb or blunt here, but why would you be using a soundbar when you have an AV Reciever setup?  Unfortunaley, you cannot change frequencies of the remote.  

Yes, this issue I have not come across, because its normally one device or the other.

May i ask why you need a soundbar when you have an av reciever (and presumably speakers connected)?

However, if you persist with this setup - it may work/it may not, if you point the Infra red port of one device somewhere else, which you then point your remote control at a different ir reciever.  Just a guess.  Have a look into something like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Repeater-Infrared-Control-Extender-Receiver/dp/B00S4IB6PS/

Cheers