Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP S790 Blue Ray DVD YouTube player

profile.country.en_GB.title
geoffpettit
Explorer

Sony BDP S790 Blue Ray DVD YouTube player

Cannot get player to work on New YouTube for TV App

Purchased the BDP S790 Blue Ray DVD player as an upgrade to a previous BDP S380 as it upscaled to higher resolution and it gave me YouTube which I lost on the S380 a couple of years ago on Google/YouTube throw out.

I can access my full account through the Blue Ray player, see and search for videos and get the player screen but now pressing play has does not start the video and the screen remains blank.

Have YouTube yet again upgraded their player such that TV screens/DVD players are now not compatible or is it something Sony can fix before I have yet another obsolete 'smart' player in the space of 3 years.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There

Appoligies - just tested Private Messages myself and get the same errors as you - I have notified forum manager to either fix or lodge a fault with Lithium.

In regards to the email you received - i will contact Sony Support and see if they can inform me on what they have suggested/told you.  Lets see which one is quicker (PM fix or Support :grin: )

Cheers

Edit: Forum manager is aware of the current problem of PMs etc - and is onto it (Lithium Support ticket raised).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @geoffpettit

Private messaging is/should now be working again.

Cheers

Tastyedd
New

Has there been any response to this query? I have the exact same problem (all menus + search functions work as usual but none of the videos will play). It's extremely frustrating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tastyedd

Ive sent a message to Sony to find out the resolution of this issue (assuming there is one!).  Will post back when I get an answer.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
geoffpettit
Explorer

Hi, and hello again to Quinicus I had a detailed 18 point survey to complete from Sony (IP addresses, ISP, screenshots etc) in early December to see if there was a resolution. This was completed but I have heard nothing from Sony. Not quite sure what more I can do or not sure how to chase them. regards Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Both

I received this from Sony this morning:

"I still have not see any movement on resolution for this matter. I have escalated again, informing the technical analysts that more customers are experiencing this issue.  If a resolution becomes available I will let you know."

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Bandito74
Explorer

Still missing the you tubeapp google

I can get them through /browser?