Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
profile.country.GB.title
MarmiteCyclist
Explorer

In the end mine appeared to fix itself. I'd tuned to France, the 2pm update started and went on for about an hour before I switched it off at the wall. Simply switched it back on about 6.30 and it's fine now.

Thank Quinnicus and the forum for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

The EPG on 3 of my Sonys  are still showing weird colours and are not fully functional - for instance no series link.  This is despite doing factory resets, easy set-up etc. Please will you good people advise ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi liketv

Can you check that your EPG is set to "Digital EPG" and not "Guide +"  ?

Cheers

23 May I had a problem - turned it off at the mains etc and it was OK. But the problem happened again 30 May! Turning it off at the mains, pulling out leads etc didn't work this time - so I followed the advice on this site i.e. reset to factory settings and retuned - only partially worked - on the screen, I can see 'System Menu' and 'Timer Set' (programmes I've already recorded) but I can't see 'Guide' (list of programmes available to watch or record). So I did another suggestion of using the France setting - didn't change anything. So I can watch programmes I've already recorded - but I can't record anything else. Help - what can I try now?     

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Thanks, yes, it's set correctly. I'll try yet another reset etc tomorrow on the affected machines. .  Some of my Sonys are ok now.

Obviously, I'm a telly addict as I have 790s ,890s, 870, 970, 995, of which 5 are in use at any time.

I'm not sure if I need to check what firmware etc  is on them, and I don't know what versions I should have for each.

it would be great if you could advise further!   Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 790 / 890 / 995 should have version 1.24 : HERE

The 870 and 970 should have version 1.70 : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Quinnicus - what would we do without you and the other helpful forum members?

Thanks very much - I'll check them tomorrow.

MAX0911
Explorer

I had problems with my Sony PVR. I found that through trial and error experimenting that the order of the solution and the steps that I took made a difference. I suspect that the corruption was cleared by the steps that I took.

Try following these steps in the exact order:

1. Disconnect power lead and left for about a minute.

2. Did a factory reset:

a. Power on Sony PVR
b. Press Stop then Press and release the On/Standby button.
c. Release the stop button and Sony PVR powers down.

3. Switch on and retuned to country as FRANCE. This stopped the corruption.

4. Switch off and then switch on.

5. Retuned to country set as 'UK'. Set the EPG to Digital EPG and NOT Guide+.

6. Working !

Hope this helps. Worth a try. Good Luck !

linwilso3
New

sorry but my problem is not resolved, i have no control with remote at all, and i tried to reset everything tv and dvd recorder but no improvement. now not sure if it is a major co incidence or still a problem universally rang sony was told they are very busy with problems they will call back

This is the second unit we have had following an earlier problem when this was exchanged

now thinking of leaving them - i understand panasonic are good.!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Can you please explain what you mean "No control with the remote at all"?  Do you get any error messages at all?  Or Freeview channels going to a blank screen?  Or is it simply a remote control issue (Batteries?)

Cheers