Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 interfering/blocking tv signal

edd_j2002
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 interfering/blocking tv signal

Hello,

I have RDR-HXD890 dvd/hd tv recorder. i have aerial wired into the box then to a tv.

All off a sudden it lost all the channels. and also stopped the channels to the tv.(possibly a storm)

when i plug the Aerial straight into the tv i get all channels back.

If i plug the cable into the tv recorder, or through it or splitting the signal i loose them all again.

Is the TV recorder broken? (maybe static or earthing issue?) or am i looking at interference coming from the Aerial input that this unit picks up but no other item does?

Regards

Eddie

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The only thing that may interfere AFAIK could be the HDMI cable, may you try to keep the aerial and HDMI cables away one from the other (or if you have it put some ferrite ring on it)?

edd_j2002
Explorer

Thank you.

i'll try the ferrite ring.

I am not sure it would be the hdmi as nothings changed in the set up.

The tv and tv recorder have been in the same set up for years and it all of a sudden went.

now if any of the coaxials are pluged into the tv box the signal goes.

So if i split the coax to tv and aerial i have no signal to tv,

if i feed the coax to the tv recorder then to the tv, i don't get hd channels, then when the tv recorder comes on all the digital channels go completely to the telly.

I have a feeling the tv recorder is earthing or arcing.

i'm normally alright with technology but this has thrown me.

i'm just conerned i may end up having to bin it but have a feeling the comunal aerial may be causing it.

Thanks for your help.

ssmith23
New

Hi Eddie,

Sadly I have no solution, but I have EXACTLY the same problem here with a HXD890 and set up that mirrors yours. Has been working fine for many years and then all of a sudden, recordings made successfully on Sunday night (1st May) and then unable to do anything since. When trying to retune, the display shows "Tuning" but the image to the TV nothing, seems to be hanging. Despite all of the menus to access the setup being OK. Digital signal to the TV via cable from the HXD890 all fine, as per your situation.

I remember a few years back there was a problem and if you switched country to France during setup (Not the language option) it seemed to fix, no joy this time sadly.

I notice your original post has had a number of views so would guess it's a bigger problem not specific to yourself?

Regards,

Steve.