Join now - be part of our community!

Loss of sound.

profile.country.GB.title
Themoog
New

Loss of sound.

Hi. I have a Sony brava kdl-55w829b TV linked to a Sony bdv-e3100 homr theatre system via hdmi 1 and hdmi2 arc. I also have a BT TV box.

Sound works when playing dvds but there is no surround sound via BT box. 

All was OK 6 months ago when everything was in another room. When I relocated it I started having problems with the sound being knocked off by the room thermostat or the fridge cycling on and off.

In an attempt to eliminate this I wired in a dedicated power source for t the TV etc straight from the consumer unit. Upon powering everything up I now have no sound at all from TV programmes. Dvd playing is ok. I'm having to hear the TV thro itsrubbish little speakers which is not what I want or had before.. Am I doing something wrong or missed a setting? Help its driving me mad.. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Themoog
New

Yes I updated the TV the other day. 

profile.country.GB.title
Themoog
New

I've double checked connections and they are ok. I've  also swapped the hdmi cables and still no sound. The brava sync is active and working as the TV remote will control the bluray player however there is still no sound. Could the dvd player be faulty ie shorted by electric surge? Sound still works when playing a dvd tho.. 

profile.country.GB.title
Themoog
New

Come on experts help me out..

no matter what I do I cannot get BT youview sound through the home cinema system. I have connected a new hdmi via ARC and a new optical from TV to system and a new hdmi from tv to BT youview. I've been though all the settings and cannot se anything wrong.

when I switch from tv speakers to audio system on the drop down sync menu the DVD player turns on and a slight pop can be heard from the speakers as it used to do but that's it - no more audio. I can play a DVD a get perfect surround sound. I'm at a loss with this one.