Join now - be part of our community!

HTXT1 SoundBase and Sky HD Remote

marcus.robinson
Explorer

HTXT1 SoundBase and Sky HD Remote

Hello,

Has anyone got a remote code that enables the Sky rev 10 remote to control the sound bar volume?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have connected this soundbar to the tv using an optical cable, the im afraid you will need to use the remote provided.

However, if you use a HDMI cable, you should be able to use the HDMI-CEC features if you enable Control for HDMI on the soundbar and tv.  Then assuming that you have the right codes on the sky remote for the tv, this should then control the sound on the soundbar.

Cheers

marcus.robinson
Explorer

Unfortunately there is nto a remote code for the TV! Thats one of the reasons to buy a soundbar as thought we could cotnrol it with the sky remote.

marcus.robinson
Explorer

Will HDMI CEC not work from the Sky box if its plugged straight into the soundbar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, HDMI-CEC should work on the Sky Box - i dont have Skt to confirm.

At current, how do you have it connect and using what cables?

marcus.robinson
Explorer

Sky - HDMI - Soundbar

Xbox - HDMI - Soundbar
PC - HDMI - Soundbar

Then Soundbar HDMI out to TV

Does CEC need enabling on the Sony soundbase?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One last question.  What brand/model TV do you have.  I think the tv is the crucial link here.

marcus.robinson
Explorer

It's a SWEDX model, doesnt have an IR remote, is RF. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh. I see, i understand.

Unfortunately you will need to use the supplied remote for the sound bar.   You do get the hang of multiple remotes though, I have 5 on my coffee table :wink:

marcus.robinson
Explorer

When the soundbar is turned on/off should the TV turn on/off using CEC? We coudl the lose the TV remote.Thanks.