Join now - be part of our community!

Home Cinema surround sound voice playing from only one speaker

AshD23
Explorer

Home Cinema surround sound voice playing from only one speaker

Hi,

I recently purchase the SONY - BDVN7200WB.CEK 5.1 Smart 3D Blu-ray Wireless Home Cinema System.

The front left and right speaker are both working differently, the right seems to be the only one that outputs voices and main sound while the other seems to output similar sounds to the rear speakers. 

The center speaker does not output any sound at all!

I've done the sound test using the Sony blueray player settings and it seems to work fine. 

Can anyone help - it's soo annoying!?

Ash

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@AshD23

Hi there,

The symptoms you describe would indicate that you have connected your speaker wires incorrectly. Please check these on page 16 of the user manual found here: Manual

I notice on page 16 it also refers to 'Connecting the Speakers' on page 21

Here's what it says:

• Connect the speaker cords to match the color of the SPEAKERS jacks of the main unit and surround amplifier. Be sure to insert the speaker connector until it clicks

Given that these wires are colour coded I can't imagine you would get that wrong however I wonder if all the plugs 'clicked' when inserting them?

Please also check you have set the correct 'speaker layout' as described below

Screenshot (37).png

If all connections are correct please also refer to the 'Troubleshooting' tips on pages 69 - 70 in the above manual.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14