Join now - be part of our community!

Bluray compatibility

Carolwyvill
Explorer

Bluray compatibility

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could advise me whether the Sony Blu Ray player I have my eye on, BDP S790 will be compatible with my Sony TV and Soundbar! And will it have all the necessary outputs to be able to get the full effect of sound/vision!? Also, what cables/leads I need to buy. The TV is KDL40W2000 (it's 8 years old but I love it) and the soundbar, also a Sony (can't remember the model number but possibly CT260) has 2 hdmi slots at the back and an optical slot which currently being used with sky hd (so bit an option to put anything in there) Thanks in advance 

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm....  Ive just looked at the trash.  Its not their.

Who posted the original topic?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Original thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/bluray-compatibility/m-p/2045901/high...

Nothing was deleted, but thread was moved from General Chat section to where it is now.  Move didnt fully happen for whatever reason, and at the moment we cannot merge threads - unresolved issue.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Cancel my last message, I see the forum fairey's have restored the missing content.

@Anonymous Nice diagram btw! :thumbsup:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14