Join now - be part of our community!

Bdvn790 Blu-Ray rear speaker wireless transmitter

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

Bdvn790 Blu-Ray rear speaker wireless transmitter

Can anyone tell me if the wireless transmitter for rear speakers inserted in this Blu Ray

all-in-one system, is compatible with the STR-DH800 Multi-Channel A/V Receiver which also has a slot for a wireless rear speaker transmitter.

I want to continue using the wireless rear speaker transmitter & receiver which I currently use with the BDVN790 but fully expect that I'll have to buy a special one that IS compatible with DH800.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
no it isn't, the STR-DH800 adopt S-AIR Wireless transmitter EZW-T100 (Do not insert other than the Wireless transmitter into the EZW-T100 slot) instead the BDV-N790 use the Wireless transceiver EZW-RT50.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

Thank you Manolo for the reply.

If I could find an T100 transmitter ( probably Ebay ), would the RT50 receiver pick-up the wireless signal, or is that also not compatible ?

Alternatively, do Sony have some kind of 'universal' system for transmitting & receiving wireless rear speaker signals ?

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"If I could find an T100 transmitter ( probably Ebay ), would the RT50 receiver pick-up the wireless signal, or is that also not compatible ?"

Unfortunately no, the S-AIR and the Wireless system used by BDV-790 working at different frequency.

"Alternatively, do Sony have some kind of 'universal' system for transmitting & receiving wireless rear speaker signals ?"

Over the years the technologies evolve and change, I am afraid that is not immediately match the BDV-N790 Wireless receiver with a current system of Wireless communication. If BDV-N790 was S-AIR...

Sorry for my bad (Google) english.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

OK thanks