Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S370

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
beefcake191176
Visitor

BDP S370

HI JUST BOUGHT THE SONY S370 BLU RAYPLAYER ,,CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHY WEN I PRESS THE STOP BUTTON THEN PLAY AGAIN,,AND THE MACHINE JUST PLAYS BACK FROM THE START AND NOT WERE I LEFT IT??

IT SAYS IN THE MANUAL PAGE 8

STOPS PLAYBACK AND REMEMBERS THE STOP POINT (RESUME POINT)

PLZ HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gofrost

it depends where you are in the disc different discs different chapter points at the beginning of most discs any operation other than normal play is prohibited if you leave the disc in the player and turn it off and then on again it  plays from the last stop point as long as the disc stays in the player the time the power is off does'nt seem to matter sky news videos are on this player now  as well

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gofrost

it depends where you are in the disc different discs different chapter points at the beginning of most discs any operation other than normal play is prohibited if you leave the disc in the player and turn it off and then on again it  plays from the last stop point as long as the disc stays in the player the time the power is off does'nt seem to matter sky news videos are on this player now  as well

nickitson
Visitor

Hi gofrost,

I have the same issue as beefcake describes. The manual effectively says press stop and then play, and play will resume from the stop point. I only find this to be the case when playing DVDs. The couple of bluray discs I have tried all resume play from the very start of the disc. Anyone else experiencing different? Or better still, anyone else had this issue and solved it?

UPDATE

Have received the following response from Sony support:

'> I confirm, there are no known issues in regards to BD-ROM resume 

I have tried two different USB memory sticks from Lexar and Kingston with no success so far. You may have better luck. If anyone succeeds, please advise the brand and model of USB stick that works. More in due course..............

LATEST

My reply:

'Thanks for your consideration of my issue and your proposed solution. I
regret that I have now tried two USB memory sticks, one from Lexar and one
from Kingston, neither of which appear to solve the issue. (Have checked
with two different BD-ROMs).
I have not been able to find any information in the product documentation
for preferred USB device specifications. Can you offer any further advice
please? Is it possible there is still an item of setup I have missed. I
can tell that the USB device is recognised, since it appears in the 'Home'
menu and I can see that the player has created some folders on it.
Thanks in anticipation.........'

FURTHER HELP (NOT)

'Dear Mr Kitson

I am sorry to read of the difficulties you are still experiencing in regards to resume play for BD-ROM discs.

After looking into this matter further, I regret to inform you that resume playback for BD-ROM discs is not a guaranteed feautre. This is due to different encoding on BD-ROM discs. For example a certain disc may require specific Java buffering, therefore requiries the disc to start from the beginning or alternatively it may be due to licensing reasons. This is dependant on the individual BD-ROM disc and is beyond the control of Sony as it was designed that way.

I am sorry I cannot be of greater assistance on this occasion, however I hope that my e-mail has gone some way to clarify this matter.

Yours sincerely...........'

The tone of the response does not give me much hope that there will be a cure for the inability to re-play BD content from the most recent stop point. Maybe there will be a firmware upgrade. Please let me know if anyone manages to solve this themselves. :slight_frown:

Message was edited by: nickitson

Message was edited by: nickitson

I have just bought a BDP S4200 and mine does exactly the same thing with resume play on blu-ray.

Just goes back to start.  Bloody annoying.

This is a bit of topic but canyone help with wi-fi?   My Samsung TV is fine with 'wireless' but the blu ray player doesn't want to know. I'm vague about all this.   The manual (such as it is) says I have to have a LAN cable connection seemingly irrespective of wired or wirless.  Basically, is this correct.  It would explain why I can't connect.  The TV connects to the web fine though.  Don't understand.      Thanks anyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The BDP-S4200 is not a wifi bluray player, hence you will need a lan cable to access your network. See

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/2014-bluray-players-model-differences...

In regards to resuming:

I believe you might need a usb drive, as the manual states

_20150621_190501.JPG

Cheers

Thanks for reply.    That would explain it then.   I was convinced it was wi-fi ready for some reason. Also 'resume play' I understand doesn't work on blu-ray anyway.  Here's a weird one.  Why do I lose BBC4 HD and BBC NEWS HD when blu ray is plugged in?  Disconnect from mains or even remove the HDML cable and all is fine.  Very odd.

Hi again

Can you help please? My Bluray player has been working fine up until now.
It plays DVD's fine but with Blu-Rays I get a message on the Samsung TV to
'check source and connections'. Given that DVD's are ok I can't see it
being connections. I'm wondering if I've altered something in the set-up
for either TV or Blu ray player. I see the Blu ray disk 'recognised' in
the 'video' list so it is at least registering. But play - it will not.
Any advice or help appreciated.

Thanks Will