Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XM5 capability with PS5

profile.country.GB.title
gesergi42
New

Sony XM5 capability with PS5

I have tried to connect my Sony xm5s with my ps5 and it’s doesn’t work.  The ps5 sees the headphones but says they’re incompatible . The Sony app for the headset sees the ps5 but won’t connect. 
Has  any one connected the two with a blue tooth dongle? If so what make please. 
fyi I am using senheiser epos adapt 660 with their dongle and they work perfectly so why can’t the Sony own top of range headset work with the top of the range console. It makes no sense for it to not work. 
I have raised it with Sony ps5 support and they are supposed to be getting back to me. 
many advise please 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @gesergi42  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have read that currently there is no way to natively pair your XM5s 

with a PS5. The person who wrote the article in June this year said they had also tried a usb bluetooth 

receiver with no luck.

They state the only way to connect your headphones to a PS5 is via the 3.5mm headphone jack 

on the controller.

Here's  the article.

It would be interesting to hear if any members here have managed to connect via bluetooth.

profile.country.US.title
Hollows
New

Dudes ignorant yes a usb bluetooth transmitter will work that comes with the lil mic plug in