Join now - be part of our community!

Problems accessing Sony Community Forums with latest Spring 2018 W10 Update.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Problems accessing Sony Community Forums with latest Spring 2018 W10 Update.

I'm finding accessing these forums have become a real problem under the April 2018 W10 Update.

The problem is that I'm finding W10 (Edge browser used exclusively) does not now retain login details in any shape or form (it is just this forum alone behaving like this). Previously login details were stored normally. I'm well versed on how these things normally work, and out of fourty or so various sites I have set up, all with unique passwords and login data, Sony Community is the only one that now fails to work.

This issue was present on a couple of the earlier Windows Insider builds which I tested. All were clean installs and so there is no concern over something corrupt that got carried over. 

Today I had to jump through hoops to verify my identity on here, three verification screens asking for roadsigns to be identified, then one on shopfronts. Even that wasn't enough. I was then asked to pick images that had busses in them.

So ultimately this is becoming a read only forum for me, it has become to involved and time consuming to log on to post an occasional message of help to other struggling members.   

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Mooly01 :slight_smile:

Sadly the verification screens are necessary at the moment due to attacks on the site.

While a little tiresome at times, at least they are helping to protect our members. :slight_smile:

(The road signs used to confuse me as I thought the poles they were connected to

were technically part of the sign. :clown:)

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Putting verification screens aside for a moment, I'm still puzzled why the latest versions of W10 are not offering to save log in details for (seemingly) this site alone out of all those I use. I'll see what I can find out on that and report back.

In fact I've just tried loging in on a W8 PC with Internet Explorer and that behaves normally, all login details are saved and access is direct and instant onto the forum.

Odd !

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

It seems that not only does Edge not recognise the login page as a 'form' as so remember details, it also has problems displaying and accepting the images. I just got locked out of the forums this morning, firstly by being asked the usual 'Verify you are not a robot' but this time no option to do anything about it (such as images), and then I was told my email address was invalid and I was locked out.

Waited a while and used IE again.

Sony.jpgSony 2.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @Mooly01 :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this.

At first I wondered if this was another security measure, however if you can

save login details in another browser it does seem odd.

I have escalated this to the powers that be so they can have a look.

If I hear anything I will post back here. :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thanks for escalating this.

Just tried IE again and can confirm it correctly remembered my login details. No such luck with Edge. I can also now see (as it should be) the details for this site in 'Credentials Manager' in W10 which shows IE has logged and stored the details.

I have reported the issue via the Edge feedback hub although whether its deemed a bug on their part that can/will get fixed is another matter.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Having asked about this on another forum (TenForums) I have tried various things suggested, and also tried to figure this out myself but with no luck.

Another advanced user on TenForums is able to duplicate the issue using the 1803 Spring 2018 Update of W10... so it seems there is a real problem somewhere.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I've been seeing a site generated message for the last few hours (when I attempt to log in) saying 'Sony engineers are working on the problem' and to keep trying later.

Just tried again this minute and this is the first time Edge has allowed me to log in directly (just as it used to do) with no verification screens to jump through.

Hmmm.......