Join now - be part of our community!

Problem transferring photos from camera's internal memory

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
PumpkinMan
Visitor

Problem transferring photos from camera's internal memory

Hello everyone

I took some photos today and didn't have my memory card in the camera. :smileyblush:

When I click on the play button the photos are there. I connected the camera to my computer through USB and switched it on. When I click import pictures it says that there are no new pictures. When I click to view the contents there are no pictures there. How do I retrieve the images?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the screenshots - this is beginning to stump me a little bit as well now!

Having said all of this, if you have a memory card to hand you could try copying the images to the card - this can be done within the camera's menu. Once you are sure that the images have been written to the memory card, you could try to import the images again. On the other hand, you could also insert the memory card into an external card reader that attaches to your computer by USB - this is usually the most efficient method and quite a few computers and laptops seem to have one built-in these days. If you need to purchase one, they are available online for a few pounds.

Anyway, the instructions for transferring images to the memory card are here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX9V_guide/eng/contents/08/04/05/05.html#l2_copy

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello PumpkinMan - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

To double check that the photos are safely stored on the camera, you can connect it directly to your computer by USB. If you open up 'My Computer' or the equivalent on your computer, you should be able to see the camera listed as a separate drive - if you open it your pictures should be on a folder inside.

Once you can see the images, you should then be able to copy and paste / drag them over to your main computer.

Thanks,

Simon

PumpkinMan
Visitor

Thank you Simon

I have done that but the folder appears empty and when I click import pictures it says that there are no new pictures to import. This is wrong because when I click the playback button on the camera the pictures are there.

PumpkinMan

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again PumpkinMan :slight_smile:

Are you definitely using the basic Windows / Mac interface to just browse the file folder? The reason that I ask is that there would be no 'Import' button in this situation, just the standard display of windows that you would see when generally browsing your hard drive.

Thanks,

Simon

PumpkinMan
Visitor

Hello Simon

I wanted to attach screenshots but when I click the camera button all that appears is a white box. I'll try embedding them from another site.

The camera is getting recognised by the computer.

CLEANEDTAGhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601681_522241994477786_1624944377_n.jpg

CLEANEDTAG

I tried using the import button.

CLEANEDTAGhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397892_522242001144452_2129319760_n.jpg

CLEANEDTAG

I also tried browsing the camera contents with the computer. It only has these 2 files there, which don't open.

CLEANEDTAGhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/386927_522241997811119_1500233713_n.jpg

CLEANEDTAG

Please help me.

PumpkinMan

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the screenshots - this is beginning to stump me a little bit as well now!

Having said all of this, if you have a memory card to hand you could try copying the images to the card - this can be done within the camera's menu. Once you are sure that the images have been written to the memory card, you could try to import the images again. On the other hand, you could also insert the memory card into an external card reader that attaches to your computer by USB - this is usually the most efficient method and quite a few computers and laptops seem to have one built-in these days. If you need to purchase one, they are available online for a few pounds.

Anyway, the instructions for transferring images to the memory card are here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX9V_guide/eng/contents/08/04/05/05.html#l2_copy

Thanks,

Simon

PumpkinMan
Visitor

Thank you very much Simon

I have got the images now with your help. Transferring them to the card worked.

PumpkinMan

my camera is sony nex-c3. help! my problem is that i have tried your suggestion but it does not have a "copy" in the memory card tool located in the set up menu. i have also tried connecting my camera to my laptop using the usb cable. however, there were no pictures. only those stored in my memory card can be viewed in my laptop. help me. the pictures saved in the internal memory of my camera was my oath taking ceremony. 

please help me. thank you so much and more power! :slight_smile: