Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories Home - Cannot select import folder

profile.country.en_GB.title
Scotview
New

Playmemories Home - Cannot select import folder

hi,

I am trying to import media from  memory cards taken from an HX20V and RX100

I can see and select the media to import but when I browse to import to a folder the OK button is greyed out.

If I select "import by date" this works fine but I cannot import to a folder.

See attached jpeg showing the greyed out screen.

10 REPLIES 10
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Scotview :slight_smile:

Have you checked to see if you have the latest version of Playmemories Home installed from the following link:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-HX20V/updates

Thanks,

Simon

Scotview
New

Hi blaireau,

Thanks for the link, I updated PlayMemories Home as requested, nice calendar feature.

The folders are still Greyed out.

The C/Dell folder is not greyed out, see attached jpeg. The C/Video folder is also not greyed out.

The C/Users folder is greyed out and this is the obvious place where I would wish to import the selected photo and video files from the camera's card.

Could it be that PMH doesnt like folder structures with several levels, this was a problem with some programmes many years ago.

I will continue to upload all video and photos from a card then delete via Playmemories Home but it is a shame that I cannot use the preview and selective upload feature to save my hard drive getting full.

Do you think this is a bug ?

Best regards

Scotview.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

This does sound like it could be some kind of bug. I see that you are using Windows 7 so if you let me know exactly which version you are using (32 or 64 bit, Home/Professional etc.) I will refer your issue to Customer Support to see if they have any ideas what could be causing the greyed out button.

Thanks,

Simon

Scotview
New

Hi Blaireau,

Thanks for the reply.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

64 Bit Operating System.

It will be interesting to hear what Customer Support say.

Best Regards

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know. I will escalate this to customer support and I will be in touch when I hear back from them.

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

I'm using latest version of PlayMemories, Windows 7 64 bit. And I can't choose folder now I moved my photos under a Onedrive-folder. I can import "outside" onedrive-folder...

Still a bug???

I'm having the same problem too. It won't let me select a DropBox folder to import my photos into the 'OK' button gets greyed out. Any ideas? 

Millasur
New

Also having the same problem – are there any fixes?

I am appalled at just how terrible a program PlayMemories is – expect a lot better from Sony what a waste of time.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

What happens when you click the Album 2012 folder?

I guess the software wants to add a date folder and doesn't allow to add a subfolder to a date folder. (= wild guess)