Join now - be part of our community!

Play Memories Home software 64-bit support

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mars_Express
New

Play Memories Home software 64-bit support

I have just purchased a DSC-WX500  (I wanted to learn about digital photography) and then downloaded the PlayMemories Home app to my Mac (currently running MacOS Mojave - version 10.14.6) and was ASTOUNDED to learn that support for this app will not be supported on MacOS version 10.15 and later...

I feel utterly cheated that no retailer of the DSC-WX500 even gave a hint that software support for this camera is not to be maintained for 64-bit operating systems.  It makes the camera obsolete, does it not?

What are Mac users expected to do?  What might Sony do to help us?   (It is not particularly difficult to convert 32-bit software to 64-bit)

What are other similarly effected users going to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You do not the PlayMemories Home software to use your camera. Images can be also transferred connecting as a drive to your computer.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You do not the PlayMemories Home software to use your camera. Images can be also transferred connecting as a drive to your computer.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Mars_Express
New

"You do not the PlayMemories Home software to use your camera. Images can be also transferred connecting as a drive to your computer."

I assume you meant:  You do not need the PlayMemories Home Software...

Thank very much, Peter.   I have never used a digital camera before, so I thought the Sony software might have been essential.  I am greatly relieved to hear that it is not.   I will have to experiment...