Join now - be part of our community!

Manual for new RX10

SOLVED
ronboon50
Explorer

Manual for new RX10

Does anyone know or have a link to download a comprehensive manual for the new RX10 camera. Sony have only supplied a skinny booklet which is not overly helpful to gain a deeper insight into the functions ( considering it cost £1047 this was a disappointing oversight)
Thanks in advance. 

---

Edited by Drew - Personal details removed.

37 REPLIES 37
ronboon50
Explorer

Hi
It's stunning . Image quality is excellent. I am a Nikon D800 user but needed something all-in-one due to operations on left arm and hand.

It is easy to use gives great detailed jpegs and the RAW files are excellent. Lightroom 5 needs beta update loading to handle the RAW files

Highly recommend

I have put some photos on the amateur photography website ron5054 if you want to have a look

Best regards

Ron
SanPedroUK
Explorer

Thanks Ron

Do you have a link to your sample images?

Good to kow that you've come from the 'quality' end of the photography spectrum. When I got my bridge camera about 18 months ago I was really impressed with it. But over time it's shortcomings have become apparent.

It's AF is slow

Low light performance is poor

IQ not that great

No depth of field to speak of

But I liked the compactness and all-in-one approach. The CSC cameras look great as there is so much less weight to carry around. But if the RX10 can go head to head in terms of IQ, up to say A3 prints, and compete in terms of AF, build quality, low light performance. Not to mention the video performance. Then I'm in. 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@ronboon50 wrote:
I have put some photos on the amateur photography website ron5054 if you want to have a look

Hi Ron,

would you be able to add some of your images to the Sony User Gallery as well please.?

Upload image to Sony Photo Gallery

You, or I, could then add links to this thread so that others who find this thread can look at them also..:smileyhappy:

Thanks

ronboon50
Explorer

Hi
There is no doubt it can produce A3 fine art quality prints. I am still exploring its capability. Unfortunately I am in hospital at the moment so do not have access to wifi. If you google amateur photographer magazine and then search the site for ron5054 or Sony RX10 you should pick up some of my images.
I have shot upto ISO3200 with very acceptable results. Like all cameras there are some things to get used too. As a life long Nikon user and someone who sells fine art prints and submits to library's I am adapting to this bridge camera easily. As I said to some friends if I produce any poor images I cannot blame the camera!

Enjoy

Ron
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ron,

sorry to read you are in hospital..:smileysad:

I provide a link to your photo's and hopefully you will be able to upload some to the Sony gallery at a later date Ron.?

@SanPedroUK here is a link to Ronboon RX10 images

SanPedroUK
Explorer

Thanks to Ron and Thalamus.

Some nice pics there Ron...

I think that's sealed it 🙂

It should now be arriving around Christmas 😉

SanPedroUK
Explorer

And get well soon Ron!
profile.country.GB.title
edform
Explorer

If RX10 owners look here, they'll find a full manual, reasonably well formatted and indexed at the front.

http://www.theformsonline.com/RX10/DSC-RX10-Manual.pdf

Ed Form

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for sharing Ed..:smileythumbsup:

Tomg7333
Explorer

The RX10 manual provided by Ed Form is absolutely great. I'm new to Sony because all my gear is Canon and had dificulty setting up preferences on my new RX10. The user guide provided with the camera and also on their website is rather pathetic. The person that took the trouble to complile the PDF based on the online help and adding a proper index has done a marvellous job.

Thanks 

Tom