Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX350 Image display

profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

DSC-WX350 Image display

When the photos on the camera (playback button), one can change the display by pressing the up side of the control wheel  ( see examples 1 - normal, 2- with info display (useful for taking notes), 3 - photo editing display but with no obvious benefit (as editing) on this type of camera)

Well this is my interpretation and this is why I am leaving this message:

Has anyone found any editing benefit for the type 3 display apart of using a photo editor on laptop???display1.jpg

Cheers

Paddy

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Paddy,

I'm a little confused by your query.

Are you able to change any colour settings in the #3 menu?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

Hi Sean,

No, it is just a display showing the color curves (histograms) and area of white / black oversaturations as blinking...

Not dissimilar to HDR editing panel.

That is the frustration part, one cannot correct anything on the camera and more over, there is no option to take RAW photo. I was hoping to find someone who would have found  a use on camera of that screen!

But then again, this camera has an excellent quality/price ratio and its "intelligence" is good. Any "tuning" is handle by post processing on a computer.

There are a lot of "unpacking and first impressions reviews" out there, and the OE manual is lacking the "next step".

I suppose in time, more practical experience will become available.

Cheers

Paddy

profile.country.GB.title
SandraCoopmans
Explorer

Hi Paddy et al.

I find it frustrating too that there is no decent handbook for the DSC-WX350 (found one for the DSC-W350 though which I accidentally took for the one for the DSC-WX350)

If Sony cares for the reputation of this very handy camera, it must make available a decent handbook (only English is OK; I don't need it in Flemish or Greek for that matter 😉 )

I've left a message for their review

Cheers

Sandra