Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX60V Nodal point?

incony
New

DSC HX60V Nodal point?

I think the Nodal point is just in front of the lens, when the camera is off, i.e thats the turning point i am using...  but.. it may be further out or further back toward the sensor..  does anyone know about where it is so i can create better panoramas using still shots and stitching software.  Or ( since i understand there may be a secondary Nodal point, )  a better way to find the Nodal point myself, other than by trial and error?   i have the means to move the camer by degrees or less on its mounting, so i can get it turning about any circular point...   and thats the reason i want to know the Nodal point so i can exclude parallax.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi incony,

The nodal point depends on the focal lenght you're using - so practically it's all about try and error.

You can find the correct nodal point easily if you have a close and a far away object - look thorough the viewfinder so both objects are aligned. The turn your camera some degrees and check if both objects are still alligned. If yes, you have found the correct nodal point.

Cheers

Pumpkin Duke

profile.country.GR.title
dipolyd