Join now - be part of our community!

Cybershot DSC-H400

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Cybershot DSC-H400

Recently when I rotate the camera from Landscape to portrait, the mode selection screen appears, does anyone know why or how to stop it?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Hi Mick

I have done what you suggested and it seems to have corrected the issue, obviously have not had chance to fully try it out but just moving it around and operating the zoom has not brought up the selection screen as yet.

Many thanks for your assistance

Mick

PS. The last reply was a copy of one I'd sent in the week from my phone before I spotted this morning that it says at the bottom "Do not reply to this" so apologies for that. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @mickyblues, welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Are you shooting in Intelligent Auto mode? It's possible the Scene Recognition display is what is popping up when you rotate the camera. If you select a different mode on the Mode Dial at the top of the camera, this should stop happening. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Hi Mick

Yes, am shooting in Intelegent Auto mode and what pops up is literally the display that is shown when you rotate the mode select dial, only started doing it over the last couple of months, the reason I use Intelegent Auto is because I like taking photos but am no photographer, it's one of the reasons I bought the camera in the first place for its ease of use.

Now however if I want to capture something quickly I have to wait for the normal screen to return before I can shoot.

Mick  

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Mick

It sounds like the sort of thing a reset would fix. There's probably an option somewhere to display this that you've inadvertently selected at some point.

There should be an 'initialise' function in your Main Settings (see this page of the Cybershot user help guide) in which you can reset 'All Settings'. Give that a try.

There is a way of completely resetting the camera but hopefully the above will do it.

For future reference, this doc is a useful guide to your specific camera model. It's worth checking out the shooting modes in detail; you'll be a 'proper' photographer in no time!

Let me know how you get on.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Hi Mick

Many thanks for the info, I will give a try over the weekend to initialize and see if that cures the problem and of course I will let you know the outcome.

Many thanks again

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Hi Mick

I have done what you suggested and it seems to have corrected the issue, obviously have not had chance to fully try it out but just moving it around and operating the zoom has not brought up the selection screen as yet.

Many thanks for your assistance

Mick

PS. The last reply was a copy of one I'd sent in the week from my phone before I spotted this morning that it says at the bottom "Do not reply to this" so apologies for that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Micky, that's great to hear. Thanks for the update and best of luck with your photography!

profile.country.GB.title
mickyblues
Explorer

Hi, sorry to raise the issue again, the solution suggested of resetting seemed to cure the problem but alass only for a short while, the problem has returned and if anything, worse, originally another more extensive reset was suggested, could anybody advise how I can undertake this?

Thanks in advance