Join now - be part of our community!

YouView players not loading

charlancealot
Explorer

YouView players not loading

Hi,

We have just bought a KD55XD8005BU TV and are having issues getting any of the players to work. It is connected via an aerial and has the internet working, but when we go to youview and select players, it just says "loading". We have left it on this page to see if it is just slow, but it just gives us this message indefinitely, there is no error message or anything.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a fix?

Many thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try going to the main Home screen of the TV and then trying to loadup BBC iPlayer via that and see if it works?

Cheers

charlancealot
Explorer

Hi, 

When we load the app, it starts, but no content will play.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested iPlayer and it works for me ok. 

Can you try a reboot of the TV - press and hold the power button on the remote control for more than 6 seconds and the TV should reboot itself - a message will be displayed on the TV indicating that it will reboot.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Have you carried out the tuning step? This is needed for the YouView Players to work.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

I have a brand new Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 Android TV & are experiencing issues with the BBC iPlayer App too: The app loads & shows the available content (I have successfully connected the TV to my BT broadband router) - however when I select a programme to watch I get a spinning wheel for several minutes followed by an error message ("02110 - Something went wrong playing this programme").

I've noticed that there are loads of other users experiencing this problem - does anyone have a comprehensive checklist of actions to take to solve this issue, or does iPlayer simply not run on an Android TV?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Are you sure that is the error number?

02001, sure, (Error Loading) but I can find no references to an iPlayer error 02110 (Error Playing) anywhere on the wider internet.

This doesn’t mean that error doesn’t exist, of course, as the BBC don’t publish any error number list that I can find, but if it does, it’s funny that no-one outside of this forum has reported getting it.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking